Friday, January 7, 2011

Lagoons, Pizza, and Ships

Sunday morning we rose-drank tea-and set out in search of breakfast.
Not having any idea what Italians eat for breakfast, and it really being lunch time anyway, we went to a little Pizzaria and ordered a moderate sounding pizza. You know: sausage, ham, tomato sauce, cheese and...um...egg:
Mind you, this pizzaria was is a pretty nice area, so we are fairly sure that the raw egg was on purpose. No, we did not eat it.
Below is one of the shop window displays.
We went back to St. Mark's Square--in daylight there are people, vendors, and very fat pigeons
The paintings are color!
I didn't know that you ever had color paintings on the outside.

Gondola stands are everywhere.
We eventually had to leave, take the vaporatto to Piazza de Roma from whence we walked 20 mins hauling our bags to the cruise ship.

They knew it was our honeymoon, so champagne and a bowl of fruit awaited us.

Yet we were glad we would be coming back to Venice.

-The Lady

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying these travel posts and all the photos! Looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the first round Italian pizza I've ever seen. I think all the pizza I had in Italy was square :)

    ReplyDelete