Thursday, February 3, 2011

the First Cheesecake

Thursday evening last week Nick suggested we invite a few couples over for a potluck dinner over the weekend.  Us girls consulted and put our own variation on it, that we would bring ingredients and make dinner together.  We had a wonderful time, and I think that it was the best chicken parm I have ever had--with bread we garlic'd ourselves (running out of time and energy for making the bread ourselves too), salad, pasta, homemade spaghetti sauce and then homemade cheesecake for dessert...it doesn't get much better than that.  I think our pasta was actually better than the stuff we had in Italy.  And it never hurts to have good company and help while you cook.  I've decided that "bring your own ingredients" is the most fun way to do a potluck. At least with this group. Next up: wonton making day. Mom.....can I have that recipe?
pouring the layers of cheesy goodness

Among my newlywed skills is making spaghetti sauce from scratch-tho, my sister-in-law made this batch

freshly out of the oven

Nick taught the guys a game called Munchkin. It's kinda like someone was playing Calvin Ball then wrote down the rules

The finished work

3 comments:

  1. "was like someone was playing calvin ball then wrote down the rules" ... LOLOLOLOL!!!! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm, wontons. it has been a while. I will think on it. There was no recipe per se, just learn as we do it together with WenSho. I am sure I can come up with some instructions ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had some great company. :)

    ReplyDelete