Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pilgrimage.

I should have posted this ages ago! But I forgot, sorry! It's been that busy. April was a bit of a mess, and then when I turned the calendar to May the whole month was full before I even got there.
 
peach blossoms

I worked the MassHope homeschool conference for work--which meant work flew me north--and then Nick and his brother drove up and we all spent Sunday with my folks.

We introduced my brother in law to the Uconn Dairy Bar. I almost forgot about the Dairy Bar. Almost every time I'm in my old Connectiwegia home I beg my family to take me to the Dairy Bar. I've only found one place to get decent local ice cream down south (all the cows around here are beef cattle, I love steak and all, but beef cattle just don't make ice cream).

We almost didn't have the time--being there for only one day and having quite a bit of furniture to stuff into my in-laws 15 passenger van (generously on loan for this trip). 

The men folk wrestled with the furniture while Mom and I putzed around the garden (Mom let me dig some of her mint, lemon balm, winter onion, and garlic leaks!)


 Grape Hyacynth:

Finally, the furniture was tied up so it couldn't escape, and it was ice cream time.

The line was out the door when we arrived.


can you find them?
  It only took 15 minutes for them to blaze through the line, though. Very impressive. Great service, and great ice cream. It doesn't get much better than that.


 We had to rush off as soon as we got our scoops of creamy goodness so that we could meet some friends we were having over to dinner. But the ice cream escapade was soooo incredibly worth it.
So were the friends.
And the rushing around.
And the furniture.
And the family.

Yeah, it was pretty much just a good trip all around.

1 comment:

  1. so, I still do not remember hearing if the ice cream made it to VA ok...

    ReplyDelete