It's hard to believe that it has been two months since our late night excursion to the vineyard. Time might as well have been an SR-71 Blackbird--too fast for its own good sometimes. We've been to 3 weddings together (and Nick went to one without me--in California) and gotten quite a bit of planning done for our own.
Of course, we'd been engaged less than a week when I found a dress I liked--but finding a venue was a sight harder.
Apparently 10-10-10 is such an uber cool date that most people are getting married on the 10th (Sunday) rather than the 9th (the much more traditional Saturday)--Nick and I weren't thinking about the 10th so much as the fact that Monday was Columbus Day, so many people would be able to travel on a federal holiday.
Most of the venues big enough for our wedding were already booked, and those that weren't were far too expensive (for your reference, most restaurants on Cape Cod can only seat 45-80 people maximum or they are only open through September). Facing the necessity of a small wedding and the reality of a large extended family has definitely not been a challenge I would want to repeat. However we were able to find a gorgeous spot for the ceremony, as well as a large (and stately) room for the reception. It aslo turns out that my mother can haggle (which I didn't know before).
With that hurdle cleared it's just logistics (parking, what parking?), design work (website: check), groomsmen clothes (mwhaha) and sundry other things...like the cake, ceremony, and pricing the local printers. Oh yeah, and the registries. Can't forget those.
~The Lady
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment